Chepstow and Ffos Las Racecourses are launching a Racing Club this month and will have a horse in training this winter.
The five-year-old gelding, Baboin, will be under the care of Vale of Glamorgan trainer Tim Vaughan. The horse, formerly trained in Ireland by Joseph O’Brien, has run nine times winning once and being placed on four other occasions.
The club is aimed at anyone who would like to experience the thrill of racehorse ownership at a competitive introductory price.
The package includes:
- Stable visits and regular updates by e-mail, video and phone
- Owners’ badges when the horse runs (maybe subject to a ballot if over-subscribed),
- Opportunity to buy Premier Enclosure badges at a discount if unsuccessful in the ballot
- Prize money refund if there is a surplus after all expenses incurred from training and operating the club
- Updates on the Chepstow and Ffos Las websites
- Four complimentary entry tickets to either Chepstow or Ffos Las Racecourses in 2020
Shares for six months running from November 2019 to April 2020 are £495.
The horse will be leased to the club by Tim Vaughan for the period of the membership and will run in the Racing Club’s colours. The fee includes all expenses incurred by the trainer and running of the horse for the period, there are no other costs involved.
Martin Higgs, Racing Club Manager said: “This is an exciting opportunity for racing fans from Wales or further afield who would like to dip their toe into racehorse ownership and enjoy being part of a club with all the associated benefits.”
Tim Vaughan added:” I am delighted to be training a horse for the Chepstow and Ffos Las Racing Club. It’s important to get more people involved in racehorse ownership so the sport continues to thrive and it promises to be fun and exciting.”
For more information please contact Racing Club Manager - Martin Higgs
Mobile : 07831 752056