We are pleased to announce that Racehorse Owners will be allowed back on to Welsh racecourses from this week.
A change in the Covid19 guidance from the Welsh Government means owners will able to attend fixtures taking place behind closed doors at Chepstow and Bangor-on-Dee this summer. Ffos Las does not resume racing until October.
Whilst Owners returned to racecourses in England on July 1st, the first meeting in Wales operating under the new guidance will be at Chepstow this Friday 17th July.
Strict protocols are in place to ensure the health and wellbeing of all attendees and we are pleased to welcome owners back by providing an outside lawned area, under cover for owners to use as a base for their visit. Unfortunately, under the current guidelines Owners will not be allowed indoors; however, we will ensure toilet facilities are available.
To minimise the risks for owners and prioritise their safety, the following measures will apply at Chepstow:
- A maximum of two owners (or representatives) per horse can attend for their race(s) only.
- Pre-registration is essential. This process will be administered by the RCA’s Privilege Access Swipe System (PASS) https://www.rcapass.com and only confirmed attendees will be granted access to the racecourse. Owners will be emailed automatically with details on how to register once their horse is declared to run. The names of attendees must be registered by 4pm the day before the race meeting.
- All owners attending a fixture are required to complete a health screening process in advance of race day. This includes the BHA’s updated COVID-19 online learning module and a personally administered health assessment. Each owner in attendance will then be asked health questions and undertake a temperature check on arrival at the racecourse. The link for the e-learning module will be sent to owners via PASS when their horse is declared, however pre-registration details can be found www.roa.co.uk/raceday/covid19/return/elearning.html
- To facilitate the 2m social distancing requirements and avoid delays on arrival, owners are requested to arrive at the racecourse no more 45 minutes before their first horse is due to race and leave the racecourse within an hour of the final race in which they have a confirmed runner. It is particularly important that this guidance is adhered to as the Welsh Government regulations allow for a maximum of 30 people in the ‘owners zone’ at any one time.
- Owners will have access to a dedicated ‘owner zone’, which will be clearly marked and separated from the ‘green zone’ used by race day workers (trainers, stable staff, jockeys, officials, media etc.) in accordance with the social distancing requirements and Elite Sports protocols. For infection control purposes movement between the two areas of the racecourse will be restricted to racecourse staff only. However, there will be briefing areas available where owners can speak to trainers in line with the protocols.
- Owners with runners at Chepstow on Friday 17th July should arrive in the main car park where temperature checks will be taken. They will then be directed to the entrance for the ‘owner zone’. A picnic bag lunch and canned drinks will be provided.
- Where possible, owners not living in the same household are asked to travel to the racecourse separately. This is to help minimise the risk of infection and help protect the health and wellbeing of other owners.
- For those owners sharing a vehicle, please note that if one person does not pass the health screening on arrival at the racecourse, no one in the vehicle will be permitted access to the racecourse.
- It is also requested that owners and trainers do not travel to the racecourse in the same vehicle, as they will be entering different areas of the racecourse on arrival and, again, by travelling separately, you reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
- We appreciate the support of owners and their assistance during these challenging times and we look forward to welcoming owners to Chepstow.
For further information please contact: Phil Bell, Executive Director, Chepstow Racecouse, Office: 01291 622260. Email: email@example.com